AI tools, such as ChatGPT, have been the talk of the technology world recently.
Artificial Intelligence is changing the way businesses, especially those in marketing and web development, operate. Thanks to its fast process and analysis of real-time data, AI tools are enabling companies to make better-informed decisions, optimise their processes, and increase efficiency overall.
What is ChatGPT?
ChatGPT is a chatbot that uses AI to form conversational, human-like text responses to prompts that have been inputted by the user. Using ChatGPT, we asked it the same question, here is the response:
This particular AI tool has amassed large popularity and is the topic of many conversations both inside and outside the technology industry. In fact, it has become so widely known that it’s becoming a concern for students using the chatbot to write their essays for them.
For those in the digital space, the use of AI isn’t brand new, with the earliest AI programme being written in 1951. It’s no surprise to anyone that this technology is becoming more advanced and changing the tide for technology.
ChatGPT has caused controversy and split minds in the digital and marketing world. We asked our followers on
The common thought amongst our LinkedIn audience appears to be that AI is a good tool to help with content brainstorming, but not for writing content by itself, and it’s similar in the Red-Fern office too.
The marketing team predict, along with others in the industry, that Google will set out a new algorithm which will be able to identify whether content is written by AI, and what it will mean for SEO. Only time will tell.
Our development team are arguably more excited about the development AI has taken recently, with our lead developer said,
“I think AIs assisting in both coding and content creation is a technology that has proven itself very quickly, albeit with nuanced success; any company augmenting time-intensive operations with reliable and accurate AI will probably see success ahead of anyone still doing everything by hand. Just as the spinning frame killed the role of hand-spun yarn in the industrial revolution, AI is positioned to do the same for modern time-consuming, but important digital tasks. Knowing this, it's going to be a case of evolve or die.”
What other AI tools are there in the digital space?
ChatGPT isn’t the only AI tool out there, and they don’t all cover the same thing. There are AI for various industries including marketing, web development, design, healthcare, manufacturing, and financial services to name a few.Other popular AI tools:
- Scikit-Learn: A software machine learning library for Python.
- TensorFlow:An open-source machine learning framework developed by Google for various applications.
- H2O,ai:A machine learning platform for data analytics tools.
- DataRobot:A platform that automates the process of building and integrating machine learning models.
- Apache MXNet: An open-source learning framework for prototyping and production.
How do AI tools work?
AI tools work by combining large amounts of data with intelligent algorithms that allow the tools to learn from the data they have collected.
We asked ChatGPT how it worked, and here is the answer:
How is AI going to change the technology industry?
It’s clear that AI technology isn’t going away anytime soon. Technology will become more advanced and is expected to change the way things are done for almost, if not all, industries.
- Automation: This isn’t something new in the digital world for simple tasks, but automation has the opportunity to become more advanced, leaving us humans to focus on other priorities.
- Personalisation: Another big trend taking the world by storm is personalisation. AI could allow companies to further personalise their products or services on a bigger scale.
- Predictive analytics: AI analyses real-time data fast and can also predict future trends and patterns. Predictive analytics will inform businesses of what they need to do to be ahead of their competitors.
- Improve security: AI is expected to play a major role in improving cybersecurity with real-time detection and response to threats.
- AR/VR: AI is expected to drive the development of augmented and virtual reality technologies, enabling users to interact with digital content in new and exciting ways. This is something we at Red-Fern are passionate about. Check out our AR case studies.
As AI and other technologies advance, it poses questions about where it is headed, how sustainable AI will be for businesses, and how it could potentially affect jobs.
There’s no denying it - it’s an exciting time of development for the digital and technology industry.
Here at Red-Fern, we create digital growth for B2B manufacturing businesses through bespoke web development, design, and marketing
Book a FREE discovery call to get in touch and see how we can help your business stay ahead of the game and utilise these new technological developments.