We're SO excited to introduce you to our Digital Marketing Apprentice, Abby! She's joining our team at such an exciting time, whilst we embark on another quarter of rapid growth, both within the team and our digital partnerships 📈
In this post, we'll introduce you to our Digital Marketing Apprentice, Abby, and we'll also give you insight into why recruiting apprentices is part of who we are as a business.
Recruiting apprentices isn't new to us 👏
If you've been here before, you'll know that recruiting apprentices isn't new to us. In fact, since 2021, when we recruited our first apprentice, things have changed a lot. We've recruited two additional apprentices since then!
We're focused on developing Red-Fern and our digital partners with the next generation of innovative minds. After all, we're preparing for the problems of tomorrow and what better way than creating exciting career opportunities in digital marketing and technology.
An apprenticeship with Red-Fern is rewarding, valuable and central to an individual's personal and professional direction. We provide the most relevant, up-to-date training, and we offer the opportunity to apply it to the working world as you learn. What's more, you'll be paid a wage while you study, and get hands-on experience with a fast-paced digital agency.
We welcome keen learners with open arms and feel honoured and proud to be able to offer these opportunities to those who seek them. If you fancy applying for an apprenticeship, scroll down to the bottom of the post for more details! ⬇️
Q&A with our Digital Marketing Apprentice, Abby 👋
What will a typical day look like for you? What are you most excited about?
- On a day-to-day basis, I’ll be learning vital skills used in the industry including, but not limited to, drafting and scheduling social media copy, email marketing copy, ad copy, implementing metadata and other SEO tactics, uploading content to clients’ websites, helping form marketing strategies and campaigns for clients and Red-Fern, generating new ideas.
- I’d love to hopefully, fingers crossed, become an "official" employee at the end of my apprenticeship 😍
How does the Red-Fern working environment differ from the other environments you’ve worked in?
- I'm coming from a retail background, that was all sales driven, my new role is more tailored to me and my goals for the future 🌍
- Working in an office environment is completely different too, especially coming to work to be welcomed by Walter! 🐶
How did you end up in marketing?
- I studied marketing at college, that's led me to pursue an apprenticeship for some industry-specific experience.
- Familiar with some of the Red-Fern digital partners, my grandma LOVES Boundary Mill.
- I love generating ideas within social media, print, advertising and more.
- Whilst working in retail, I had to complete the changeover of new stock, and the advertising and marketing behind each collection inspired me to want to have a career in the other areas of a brand.
Are there any TV series or films that you recommend at any chance that you get?
- I’ve just finished watching the Flight Attendant, an absolute must! 👩✈️
- Pretty basic, but I love watching Love Island 🏝
- I’m not a massive box set fan, I haven’t got the patience to sit there. I end up looking on Google to see what happens! 👀
What are your favourite hobbies and interests?
- I’m a massive Blackburn Rovers fan, I’ve got a season ticket and go to most home games, I know, a Blackburn Rovers fan living in Burnley!
- I love going to festivals and concerts. I recently went to see Liam Gallagher and Kasabian at Knebworth over the Jubilee weekend, and I’ve attended Parklife ⛺️
- I’ve got a Border Collie called Hamish. I like taking him out to St Annes and Malham Cove, however, he's still a naughty puppy chewing all of my best clothes! 🐕
What’s on your Spotify playlist?
- My tastes vary. Sometimes I love a bit of indie music. I also love the Courteeners, Liam Gallagher, Noel Gallagher and The Stone Roses. On the opposite end of the scale, I like House, especially in the summer at festivals 🎶
Want to kickstart an apprenticeship with an award-winning agency? Register your interest!
Do you want to pursue an apprenticeship that could lead to employment? Are you intrigued to find out more about our current opportunities? Well, what are you waiting for? Get in touch today!
Also, don’t forget to keep your eyes peeled on our social media channels. We’re true social butterflies 🦋 and love sharing our opportunities on there too.