Work at Red-Fern Media
Senior UI/UX Designer
Full-time permanent position
An excellent salary based on experience — with yearly review
Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills further with training, development and certifications. (We do love an Awwwards course).
Flexible working: you have the choice to work from our office or remotely, and we have core working hours where you can choose your start and finish times to suit you.
29 days paid holiday (including bank holidays).
Regular meetings about company culture and direction, team building socials and community care projects.
We are looking for an experienced and talented UX/UI designer to join our creative team to design and shape interactive digital experiences and websites with outstanding user experience and user conversion at its core.
The ideal candidate will have experience working collaboratively within a team of designers, developers and project managers at all stages of the project life cycle. As a team you will create amazing experiences, award-winning designs, and intuitive interfaces. You will be able to make design decisions and to translate any given brief into a clean modern user interface.
We believe when a designer takes on a project they enter a leadership role giving attention to both the finer details and the big picture, they take a full spectrum mentality that includes focusing on the execution, strategy and vision. We’re looking for someone who is equally comfortable crafting immersive journeys as they are in taking the client on that design journey.
UI Design Capabilities:
- Have a deep understanding of digital graphic design, typography, visual hierarchy, and user interface design.
- Be highly proficient in UI design and have an extremely good understanding of layout, grid systems, UI best practices, accessibility, and design systems.
- Have a problem solving mindset and be comfortable in solving problems with creative ideas while keeping the project brief and budget in mind.
- Be able to design micro interactions and create immersive user interfaces that encourage user action and conversion.
- Highly experienced working in Figma, being proficient in its UI specific design and prototype features such as auto-layout, component properties and interactive components.
- Have an eye for detail, and strive for pixel perfection.
- Have experience in designing to all screen sizes from desktop to tablet to mobile. Understand responsive design while making sure a page's key message is conveyed at all sizes.
UX Design Capabilities:
- Create, improve and use wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user flows, and effectively communicate your interaction ideas.
- Define information architecture and website structure, decide what should and shouldn’t go on which page and structure paths to user conversion with the target audience in mind.
- Drive for design consistency throughout a project using defined styles, variables, and reusable components.
- An ability to analyse customers insights and analytical data to inform the user experience.
- Confidently present your concepts and designs to clients with enthusiasm while being able to regularly refer to the overarching problem/vision.
- Have the ability to handle criticism and feedback, you can ‘defend’ your design decisions by clearly explaining your own design thinking backed by your knowledge in fundamental principles and the project brief. You can turn feedback into an agreed, actionable list of tasks while keeping the project’s main goal in mind.
- Comfortably communicate and work closely with the development team throughout the discovery, definition and build phases of each project.
- Have an awareness of client budget for your projects and have the ability to maintain the work within that budget and timescale.
- Push for award entries.
- Have at least 5 years of experience in the industry working for fast paced agencies.
- Have hands-on experience designing unique websites and experiences across all devices and screen sizes.
- Have a strong portfolio demonstrating your design capabilities and understanding of digital graphic design and UI. (We know life can be busy, this doesn’t have to be in a presentable format, showing us your work in progress or running us through some of your design files and prototypes is plenty.)
- Keep up to date with, and understand, current design trends using a variety of sources and communities.
- Have the ability to run multiple creative projects simultaneously.
As part of a team that handles a wide variety of projects there will always be opportunities to develop your skills outside of your core role. While we don’t expect you to, if you already have some experience in, or have an interest in developing your skills in the following areas it would be desirable. (we would also support your personal journey into these areas.)
- Motion design - the ability to create animations that show interactive user interfaces such as page transitions, scroll animations and mouse interactions using tools such as Principle App, After Effects or Figma’s smart animate feature.
- 3D modelling and design.
- WebFlow as a no-code platform.
If you think you’re ready to join a successful team, develop your digital skills and create growth for clients, send your CV, covering letter to: email@example.com